Setting up the Box Integration on Workplace
The Box integration lets people easily share files from Box directly in Workplace on web and mobile. It also enables authenticated previews so people can see more information about a Box file without leaving Workplace. You can link a Box folder to a Workplace group so teams can easily access their files and see who's working on what.
Note: You must be the primary administrator of your Box account to set up Box integration.
If you're a Workplace admin, from your computer:
- Go to the Workplace Integrations Directory.
- Search for Box.
- Click Add to Workplace.
- A popup window will appear. Copy the API Key from that page. You'll need to input that into Box's Admin Console.
- In a new window, navigate to the Custom Applications page in Box's Admin Console.
- Under Custom Applications, select the Authorize New App button.
- Enter the API Key you copied from Workplace and select Next. Confirm the integration by selecting Authorize on the next screen.
- Navigate to the Account Info page in Box and copy the Enterprise ID.
- Navigate back to Workplace and enter the Enterprise ID in the Install Box popup.
- Click Install - the dialog will close and the Box integration will be enabled for everyone in your community.