How do I set up Google Drive integration for Workplace?
Google Drive integration lets people easily share files from Drive directly in Workplace on web and mobile. It also enables authenticated previews so people can see more information about a Drive file without leaving Workplace. You can link a Drive folder to a Workplace group so teams can easily access their files and see who's working on what.
Workplace will only show a preview and/or title to those who have permission to view the file. File previews won't be shown in multi-company groups.
To set up a Google Drive integration, from your computer:
- Search for Google Drive in the Workplace Integrations Directory.
- Click Add to Workplace.
- On the popup dialog that follows, click Install.
- Sign into your G Suite account — you must be a G Suite administrator for your organization.
- When asked if you want to give Workplace from Facebook access to your Google Account, click Allow.
- You'll be redirected back to Workplace and the Google Drive integration will have been enabled for everyone in your community.